Asia Youth Orchestra Academy Summer Program 2018 in Chamber Music
July 15 – Aug. 9, 2018
This program is designed to provide the participants the opportunity in acquiring the international exchange in professional orchestral practice and performance with vocalists among Chinese students and professionals from Austria, Germany and USA etc.
The project/program is subject to change according to the final arrangement by Salzburg College, OCFMK and Salzburg Festival.
Exclusive Asia Representative:
Smart Campus Consultancy Ltd.
The faculty consists of professional musicians from the Camerata Salzburg. The distinct musical style of Camerata Salzburg has formed over six decades through continuous collaboration with world-renowned musicians such as Bernhard Paumgartner, Géza Anda, Sándor Végh, Sir Roger Norrington, and András Schiff. Famous musicians, including Clara Haskil, Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau, Heinz Holliger, Aurèle Nicolet, Wolfgang Schneiderhan, Christoph Eschenbach, Philippe Herreweghe, René Jacobs, Franz Welser-Möst, and Peter Ruzicka have performed with this chamber orchestra. Their compositions cover a wide variety of music, from string quartets for a small chamber group to romantic symphonies and 20th century classical works for a large orchestra. In the city of Mozart’s birth, the Camerata Salzburg is one of the habitués of the Salzburg Festival and the Mozart Week, offering concerts and operas alike. In its home, the prestigious Mozarteum Salzburg, the Camerata has its own subscription series. The orchestra regularly performs in venues such as the Konzerthaus Vienna, the Elbphilharmonie Hamburg, the Konzerthaus Berlin, the Festspielhaus Baden-Baden, the Festspielhaus Bregenz, and participates in the Carinthian Summer Festival as well as the Haydn Festival in Eisenstadt. Touring the world, the Camerata has played in the metropolises of Munich, London, Florence, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Beijing, and Tokyo, and in the festival cities of Aix-en-Provence and Lucerne.
Conductor in Residence:
Performances during the program are conducted by Steven White. Steven White is one of North America’s premiere conductors of both symphonic and operatic repertoire. Among the many orchestras Maestro White has conducted are the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra, the Moscow Philharmonic, the Orchestre Métropolitain du Grand Montréal, the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, the New World Symphony Orchestra, the Spoleto Festival Orchestra, the Colorado Symphony, the Nashville Symphony Orchestra, the Columbus Symphony Orchestra, the Syracuse Symphony, the Charleston Symphony, the Florida Philharmonic, the Fort Worth Symphony, the North Carolina Symphony, the Madison Symphony Orchestra, and London’s Philharmonia Orchestra for a CHANDOS recording.
Maestro White is in constant demand as a master-class clinician and competition adjudicator and is a frequent judge for the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions. He has an affinity for working with young musicians, and serves regularly as an artist-in-residence with a number of colleges and conservatories, including Peabody Conservatory, Indiana University, University of Cincinnati—College-Conservatory of Music, Virginia Tech University, and the University of Miami Frost School of Music at Salzburg College.
• Private instrumental lessons (Mo-Fr).
• Ensemble coaching (Mo-Fr).
• Many opportunities to perform publicly.
• Final opera concertant performance.
• Introduction to German for musicians.
• Tickets to the Salzburg Festival.
• A variety of local excursions in and around Salzburg.
• Official Certificate of Participation.
• A summer in the heart of Europe you will never forget!
– Concert Rehearsals & Instrumental Ensemble Instruction
– Class room/rehearsal space with piano
– Visa paperwork (acceptance letter and certificate of enrolment)
– Invitation letter to participating orchestra signed by representatives of Salzburg Festival and organizers..
– Certificate issued by the Salzburg Festival, Salzburg College confirming participation in Asia Youth Orchestra Academy and performance during the 2018 Fest zur Festpieleröffnung on July 21, 2018 of the Salzburg Festival.
– Wide Salzburg Festival coverage by media and TV stations.
– A copy of DVD video of Flashmob performance for each participating student.
– Lecture “Introduction to Salzburg and Austria” including study materials.
– Lecture “Introduction to Musician’s Survival German” including study materials.
– Lecture “Introduction to German Music Terminology” including study materials.
– Shared room accommodation in student hostel with breakfast.
– One monthly Salzburg city bus pass per participant.
– Lecture tour of Salzburg.
– Excursion to Schloss Hellbrunn.
– All-day Salzkammergut excursion including lunch.
– Backstage tour of Salzburg Festival House.
Student Concert Performance Opportunity:
– One public concert performance (classic flashmob) at the Fest zur Festpieleröffnung of the Salzburg Festival with singers of University of Miami Summer Program.
– Three public chamber concerts with singers of University of Miami Summer Program.
– Final Opera Concertant Performance followed by farewell party.
July 15 – Aug. 9, 2018
July 15 Arrival in Salzburg
July 16 Salzburg Orientation
Historical Walking Tour of Salzburg
July 17 Introduction to German for Musicians
July 18 Begin Lessons & Coaching
July 21 Public Performance at the Fest zur
July 22 All-day Trip to Picturesque Salzkammergut
July 23 Excursion to Hellbrunn Palace & Water games
July 27 Free Day to Explore
July 31 Public Concert Performance
August 3 Public Concert Performance
August 4 Tour of Salzburg Festival Halls
August 7 Public Concert Performance
August 8 Final Opera Concertant Performance
August 9 Departure/End of Session
* Schedule is subject to time changes and dependent on room availability and actual situation.
* Cost does not include fees for passport, visa application, transatlantic transportation and international health / travel insurance and dinner.
* Costs for accompanying leader / teacher / legal guardian not included.
* Room accommodation at the same student hostel as of the participating students for the accompanying leader / teacher / legal guardian of the orchestra can be arranged at separate costs upon request.
No. of Seats:
30 – 60 students.
Salzburg College reserves the right to reduce services if enrolment drops below 30 and the right to cancel the program if enrolment drops below 20.
– A registered youth chamber music orchestra in Asia.
– A renowned youth chamber music orchestra with proven performance history.
– – The participating chamber music orchestras are required to perform a well-known local repertoire designated by the organizer of not more than 10 minutes during the flashmob performance at the Fest zur Festspieleröffnung of the Salzburg Festival.
Please submit the duly signed application form with official organization stamp to email@example.com on or before Dec. 15, 2017. Send your application form together with the following information;
– a brief introduction of the orchestra together with the application form submission;
– a performance profile of the orchestra together with the application form submission;
– a photo of the orchestra together with the application form submission;
– a DVD of the past performance to Salzburg College at Bergstrasse 12, 5020 Salzburg, Austria with attention to Mr. Lukas Stockinger on or before Dec. 22, 2017 by express courier service.
We shall acknowledge the applicant upon our receipt of their application. We shall shortlist the performing orchestra with notification on or before Jan. 31, 2018 by email.
€7413.00 per student
Please pay your application fee by Telegraphic Transfer to Salzburg College once you have been presented with the final invoice. Salzburg College will be sending your institution one invoice for all your participants immediately following the submission of your application.
Salzburg College Banking Information:
Account holder name: Salzburg College
Bank: Raiffeisenverband Salzburg Itzling
Bank address: Elisabethstrasse 23, 5020 Salzburg, Austria.
Account Nr. 59 872 333
Routing Nr. 35000
IBAN: AT09 3500 0000 5987 2333
Payment should be made and delivered into the above bank account on or before March 1, 2018. Qualification of the performing orchestra will be invalidated by the failure in the above payment on or before the payment deadline. The participation and performing right will be granted to the applicant(s) in the waiting list for replacement.
As this project is handled by our Operation Team in Austria. Should there be any question, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +43-688-60578839 for our response to you.