Mini Youth Orchestra Academy Summer Program 2018
Aug. 2 – Aug. 9, 2018
This program is designed to provide the participants the opportunity in acquiring the international exchange in professional orchestral practice and performance with vocalists among Chinese students and professionals from Austria, Germany and USA etc.
The project/program is subject to change according to the final arrangement by Salzburg College and OCFMK.
Exclusive Asia Representative:
Smart Campus Consultancy Ltd.
Conductor in Residence:
Performances during the program are conducted by Steven White. Steven White is one of North America’s premiere conductors of both symphonic and operatic repertoire. Among the many orchestras Maestro White has conducted are the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra, the Moscow Philharmonic, the Orchestre Métropolitain du Grand Montréal, the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, the New World Symphony Orchestra, the Spoleto Festival Orchestra, the Colorado Symphony, the Nashville Symphony Orchestra, the Columbus Symphony Orchestra, the Syracuse Symphony, the Charleston Symphony, the Florida Philharmonic, the Fort Worth Symphony, the North Carolina Symphony, the Madison Symphony Orchestra, and London’s Philharmonia Orchestra for a CHANDOS recording.
Maestro White is in constant demand as a master-class clinician and competition adjudicator and is a frequent judge for the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions. He has an affinity for working with young musicians, and serves regularly as an artist-in-residence with a number of colleges and conservatories, including Peabody Conservatory, Indiana University, University of Cincinnati—College-Conservatory of Music, Virginia Tech University, and the University of Miami Frost School of Music at Salzburg College.
• Work with Maestro Stephen White to prepare for concert performances.
• Concert performance at the Saal der Dommusik.
• Chamber Concert at Schloss Leopoldskron.
• Public Concert at the Gambrinus Saal of the Augustiner Brewery.
• Cultural program introducing students to Salzburg’s cultural & musical heritage.
• Intercultural exchange with students of the University of Miami Summer Program at Salzburg.
• Letter of Invitation by the University of Miami Summer Program Director at Salzburg College.
• Final project/program arrangement subject to confirmation by Salzburg College and OCFMK.
– Rehearsal hall at Salzburg College Summer Study Center (Akademiestraße, 5020 Salzburg).
– Program planning and administration.
– Concert organization.
– Extensive on-site support.
– Acceptance letter and certificate of enrollment by Salzburg College.
– Letter of Invitation by the University of Miami Summer Program Director at Salzburg College.
– One weekly Salzburg city bus pass per participant (in case hotel/hostel is not in walking distance).
– 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners (except Aug. 5) for participating students and 2 chaperones through Salzburg College
– City tour of Salzburg.
– Tour of Salzburg Festival Hall.
– Day trip to Salzkammergut.
– Farewell Dinner & Certificate Ceremony at Augustiner Brewery.
Student Concert Performance Opportunity:
– 1 concert performance at the Saal der Dommusik accompanying singers of the University of Miami Summer Program incl. transport of instruments.
– 1 concert performance opportunity during Schubertiade accompanying the singers of the University of Miami Summer Program incl. transport of instruments.
– 1 public concert performance in the context of the Final Concert of the University of Miami Summer Program (opera scenes) incl. transport of instruments.
Aug. 2 – Arrival, Check into rooms, Orientation Walk, Concert Rehearsal
Aug. 3 – Orchestra rehearsal
Aug. 4 – Tour of Salzburger Festsspielhäuser, Orchestra Rehearsal, Concert at Saal der Salzburger Dommusik (Kardinal Schwarzenberg Haus)
Aug. 5 – Day trip to Lake District
Aug. 6 – Orchestra Rehearsal, City Tour of Salzburg
Aug. 7 – Concert Rehearsal, Concert at Schloss Leopoldskron
Aug. 8 – Concert Rehearsal, Final Concert at the Gambrinus Saal of the Augustiner Brewery followed by farewell Reception
Aug. 9 – Departure
* Schedule is subject to time changes and dependent on venue availability, actual situation and Salzburg College arrangement.
* All Concert Rehearsals and Performances will be conducted by Maestro Stephen White (www.stevenwhiteconductor.com).
* Cost does not include fees for passport, visa application, transatlantic transportation and international health insurance etc. other than the master class and performance program.
* Shared room accommodation in student hostel with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
* Room accommodation at the same student hostel as of the participating students for One weekly Salzburg city bus pass for accompanying leader / teacher / legal guardian can be arranged at separate costs as needed upon request in advance.
No. of Seats:
30 – 60 students.
Salzburg College reserves the right to reduce services if enrolment drops below 30 and the right to cancel the program if enrolment drops below 20.
– A registered youth chamber music orchestra in Asia.
– A renowned youth chamber music orchestra with proven performance history.
– The participating chamber music orchestras are required to perform with University of Miami Frost School of Music repertoire designated by the organizer.
Please submit the duly signed application form with official organization stamp to firstname.lastname@example.org or your selected agent in your area on or before April 15, 2018. Send your application form together with the following information:
– a brief introduction of the orchestra together with the application form submission;
– a performance profile of the orchestra together with the application form submission;
– a photo of the orchestra together with the application form submission;
– a DVD of the past performance to be provided as instructed.
Please contact us at email@example.com or your selected authorized agent in your area for arrangement.
This project is handled by our Operation Team in Austria. Should there be any question, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +43-688-60578839 for our response to you.